Nature Blog Network

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Me.

I probably should have made a blog years ago when my heart was filled with so much sorrow and angst that I could have filled a valley with my tears and screams. Do not get me wrong, I still am incredibly sensitive and acutely empathetic to the world around me. I find myself contemplating my relationship with this culture on a daily basis and I figured a blog would be a perfect platform to explore my thoughts. I love to write and now that I am back in school I have the opportunity too consistently. I hope this blog does not become a portal for procrastination. I doubt it. It is 12:48am and I am half drunk. I plan on free writing this blog with absolutely zero edits. So here goes.

I am a 24 year old wildlife conservation biology major at the University of Rhode Island. It is interesting to me to consider the path that I took that eventually led back to the ivory towers. I love academia. absolutely love it. My thirst for knowledge is similar to the need that I feel before I develop a connection with the bioregion that I am living in. Except this thirst is consistent and chronic and does not go away once I learn the flora and fauna of an area. I am driven by adventure, intense passion, and knowledge.  For the first time in a very long time I feel content with my life and the route that I took to get to where I am at now. I can feel the wind blowing on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment