Nature Blog Network

Friday, January 21, 2011

Harbour Seals and Raptors!

When I started this blog I decided to write it entirely through my iPhone in an attempt to
be efficient. Right now I am at URI waiting to meet with a financial "advisor" to determine how much I can take out for a private loan. The max college loan amount from a private institution is normally the tuition subtracted from the University determined total expense for the year. Ugh. Anyways.

Lots of birding these days. I saw a super neat bi-colored seal at Rome Point the other day. I was able to Digi-iPhone her (at 60x, though it looks further away than it would if you were just looking through the scope). There were ~60 seals hauled out. I am looking forward to hearing the noisy seal choruses that occur when there over 100 hauled out. I was hoping to see a Rough-legged Hawk and the short-eared owls at Sachuest NWR but instead there were 2 Red-tailed Hawks and 2 Northern Harriers. I Digi-iphoned one of the Red-tails at a fairly close distance. So beautiful.

















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment