Nature Blog Network

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 10

I have been stationed at the Hammond bird rehab center for ten days now though it really feels like 100. My days are long and my perception of time has become distorted. My body and mind are craving adventure though the ability to get out and go birding is not a possibility. Even though the "restless" side of me feels neglected, I am very happy to be down here. My heart wants to be on the frontlines of this response, exploring beaches and marshes. I know my work here is important and I am happy to do it but I should be down there looking for the clapper rails and black skimmers that are being swamped by the onslaught of oil. Anyways, I feel very fortunate that the path that I chosen and have worked hard to carve has facilitated the coalescence of my passions and livelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment